Are you Joker, King or Queen?

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Lacrimosa / Snakeskin

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Belial

PostSubject: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:14 pm

Ok, this is my favorite band ever so be careful with your comments, or you could get a hater for life (and trust me: I can be really annoying Laughing ).
Nah, of course I'm kidding: say what you like (just be aware of the consecuences Twisted Evil ).

About Lacrimosa:

Originally inteded as a solo proyect, the music of Lacrimosa has evolved significantly through years. They started as a dark wave retro fashioned band, and ended up as probably the most influential act in the Gothic Metal scene.
Mixing baroque orchestrations with daring vocal duets and progressive riffs, Tilo Wolff and Anne Nurmi have left their mark in both Goth and Symphonic fields, adding never before tried formulas into their albums.
With lyrics that investigate the darkest side of human heart, this romantic duet has written some of the most shocking compositions ever, always with love as the main subject of their tragic tale.
All Lacrimosa's album are fascinating on their own, and each one of them represent a different chapter of their dramatically elegant story.
Their discography contains:

Angst
Einsamkeit
Satura
Inferno
Stille
Live
Elodia
Fassade
Echos
Lichtgestalt
Lichtjahre
Sehnsucht
Schattenspiel

Most of the songs recorded by this couple are filled with beauty and magnificence, but some shine more than others. If you ever felt curious about their work, I suggest you to check:

Der Tote Winkel
Lichtgestalt
Alleine Zu Zweit
Der Verlust
Durch Nacht Und Flut
Einsmakeit
Ich Bin Der Brennende Komet
Alles Lüge
Schakal
Not Every Pain Hurts

About Skakeskin:

Feeling curious about exploring different textures and atmospheres, Tillo Wolff created Snakeskin, a solo project focused on Industrial beats and Electro Gothic tunes.
With only two albums out, the german's try at electronical territories is, to say the least, interesting.
This Cds are:

Music For The Lost
Canta'tronic

Stand out tracks:

Cinderella
I Am The Dark
Melissa
Tourniquet
The Eternal
Bite Me

Back to top Go down
View user profile
icare4u

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:07 pm

I always wondered how someone who doesn't speak German can like music in German...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belial

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:12 pm

HaHaHaHaHa!!! german is a beautiful language Chris, don't be do harsh with your mother tongue Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Beli dancer

nobody cares about your favourite band and we all know you've got a bad taste when it comes to music hahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahhahahahahahahahahahaahhaahh

nah, just kidding!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belial

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:44 pm

OMG!!! I just remembered I'm seeing them live this saturday!!! Very Happy I had completely forgotten about the concert (well, today... I've been thinking about it since I got my tickets months ago Laughing ).
It's gonna be an amazing show as usual I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:47 pm

you see... even you forget about the concert of your fave band!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icare4u

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:48 pm

German isn't a beautiful language...lol..French or Spanish is beautiful, German not...lol

I don't really know the band though...bad German I am..lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NatCroix

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:50 pm

icare4u wrote:
I always wondered how someone who doesn't speak German can like music in German...

music goes beyond languages

and german is a beautiful language I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belial

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:48 am

Well, maybe you feel that way because german is your mother tongue therefore you got tired of it Razz . You say spanish is beautiful, but to me it is a rather boring language Laughing and that's probably because I'm so used to it, it sounds random in my ears.
But german is nice, sounds dramatic, I like that Very Happy .
Anyway, Lacrimosa is NOT a german band, they're actually from Switzerland (Tilo Wolff is from Germany and Anne Nurmi is from Finland, but the band has established in Switzerland), so it is quite normal thatn you haven't heard much about them before.
Anyway I don't think you'll like their music Mr. Green they're too crazy... maybe "Not Every Pain Hurts" and "A Prayer For Your Heart" could be close to your preferences... but I guess Lacrimosa's music doesn't fit your style very much tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
icare4u

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:02 am

Well, I like all styles of music (or almost all..lol...) so saying it isn't my style isn't easy to do...but I think I'll have to listen to know...lol

As for German, I don't say only that it is not a beautiful language because it's my language...but because of other reasons..but I think that fits better in the language topic...lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belial

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:18 am

I've seen them live some days ago, and... IT WAS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING Very Happy
They played the same songs I've already heard live a million times, but I didn't cared at all, the sound was great, the crowd was very enthusiastic and the band seemed to be very happy I love you .
I just hope to hear some new songs next time, because if got to see "Copycat" again, I'll throw something to the stage Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lacrimosa / Snakeskin   

Back to top Go down

Lacrimosa / Snakeskin
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1